Lessons & Programs
MTB Ability Levels
Beginner - Level 1: You have no experience in a mountain bike park or on a cross country bike, this is your first time. Other cycling: Limited mileage on city streets and paved bike paths while riding a road and/or urban bike, little experience on a mountain bike on terrain such as dirt roads and man-made gravel bike trails.
Novice - Level 2: You have some experience in a mountain bike park or on a cross country bike. You can control bike speed and direction on easy trails, but have trouble keeping the front wheel straight while riding on gravel or rocky terrain. Other cycling: You have some experience on green technical XC trails, i.e. easy gradient with roots and/or rocky terrain. Limited mileage on XC Mountain bikes.
Intermediate - Level 3: You have a modest amount of experience riding off-road terrain, either DH/XC. You are capable of controlling bike speed and direction on gentle to moderate single track trails and over gentle to moderate DH features. Other cycling: Comfortable at slower speeds on more technical trails with roots and loose rocks and tight single track. More experience on a XC Mountain bike than a DH bike.
Strong Intermediate - Level 4: You have been mountain biking for at least two years. You are capable of controlling bike speed and direction on moderately steep and technical XC single track trails and intermediate DH trails. Other cycling: Can ride flowing Blue trails and some technical single track. You're able to handle small drops, roots, rocks and steeper, descending terrain.
- Face masks are mandatory and must be worn at all times when not wearing full face biking helmet
- Limited group size to 4
- No sharing of bikes or equipment
- Participants will only touch their own bike (rental or owned)
- All bikes from the rentals department are cleaned/sanitized at the end of each session
- Increased spacing beyond the 2m suggestion for both climbing and descending to reduce risk
- Limiting trail difficulty to ensure all trails are within the skill level of participants
- Zero tolerance policy for behaviour that puts other participants at risk
- If a participant is sick or displaying signs/symptoms they will be sent home as a precaution